Sunday, April 22, 2012

Olay Total Effects Day Cream SPF 15, Normal (Angz's review)


I am a 26 years old gal, I am over 25, I feel the need to use anti-aging cream.

Let me give you my brief history with this cream, I did try this one when I was 24 / 25, it was the previous generation of this cream and the result was not that satisfying, it broke me out on the 3rd day. So I left it and changed to the non-anti aging products.

But now, I am older, and I saw that my skin condition had slightly changed, a bit dryer. Then I decided to give Olay one more chance and I should say I do not regret it this time.

For your information, my skin type is normal / combination, kind of prone to black heads, pale (due to lack of sun exposure as I am an indoor gal). And I am an asian.

By the time i wrote this review, I'd been using the cream for about 3 weeks. The result is quite nice, my skin is suppler and brighter, the cream does not break me out anymore, non-comedogenic also (at least for me). Altough you can read something like 'non oily' on the box, do not expect this cream to give you matte look, instead it will make you look a bit shiny (I can say it is dewy), you will need to put powder to make it matte. This cream is also good enough to prime your make up.

Here is my face with only Olay on...

The only set back about this cream is, it contains paraben still.

So my suggestion is, please try this cream if you feel your skin is 'old / mature' enough...

PS: the result may vary depends on the skin type and condition of each person.

UPDATE (21/7/2012)...

I am still using Olay Total Effects as my day cream,  so far  I am pretty happy with this cream as it doesn't break me out and helps to keep my skin nicely hydrated and fresh looking.
Now I am combining this cream with L'oreal Youth Code Pre Essence instead of Hada Labo Shiryojyun Lotion (I have no problem with Hada Labo, it is nice for me, I changed coz I want to test the Pre Essence).

No comments:

Post a Comment